Sunday, June 29, 2008

Aprons, Aprons, Aprons

Pretty cool apron, huh? I thought so, too, and when I realized how easy it was, I started going through all of my dish towels turning them into aprons for my daughter and myself. In fact, I got so dish towel apron crazy that when I went to do the dishes later, I found that I was out of towels!

Anyway, the directions on how to make this adorable apron can be found at this site:
http://jas.familyfun.go.com/arts-and-crafts?page=CraftDisplay&craftid=11092

Using their directions, and improvising some on my own, I made these aprons:


Then, for myself, I wanted a "tie at the waist" apron, so I took my prettiest dish towel, sewed the edges to make a trapezoid shape and then sewed some nice ribbon to the top edge. Since it's a dish towel, the bottom edge already has a nice seam to it.

No comments: