Sunday, April 24, 2011

My First Prayer Shawl

I made this for my prayer partner. She is ten and absolutely fabulous. She chose the colors. I didn't have a pattern, just the freedom of knowing I was making it for a very forgiving recipient who is a seamstress herself and would focus more on time and intent than the perfection of my stitches.

I also want to recommend this book. So far it has taught me triple crochet, granny squares and the fun waves I did at the bottom of the shawl.

It more teaches stitches and techniques and less patterns for specific items, although it has some of that as well.

I love my new hobby!

2 comments:

DebraLynn said...

That is awesome!

Summer Kinard said...

That is really cool. I like how you pulled the several patterns together. Miranda bought me a really good crochet book that lets you see each step visually. I just haven't had time to use it yet!

How did you come by a ten year old prayer partner? Are y'all exchanging prayer shawls?