Sunday, September 6, 2009

Another Crinkly Taggie Square and Some Landmarks

I have been enjoying the crinkly taggie square making so much! I promise to stop posting individual pictures of each and every square soon.

But in making this one, I reached two important seamstress landmarks and had to share.

Landmark #1
I did not go out an purchase this fabric. When you start sewing, or any other hobby, you have to spend a lot of time (and money) accumulating the stuff associated with the hobby. I finally have enough fabric that I was able to say, "I feel like making this" and then go through what I have at home rather than dashing out to Hobby Lobby or JoAnn's to buy fabric for the project specifically. I learned this from my husband's Nana who has a small craft store in her third bedroom. In fact, this particular piece of fabric came from Nana. A while back, she let me go through her fabric and take a bunch of odds and ends. Her only requirement what that I had to show her what I made.

So, look what I made, Nana!

Landmark #2
I am going to be making Crinkly Taggie Squares for my church's annual Harvest Fest this year. That's right. I'm crafty enough to make things for a craft sale. How 'bout that!

Of course, this particular one is staying at my house because I like that fabric a lot and it makes me happy that it came from Nana. But be on the look out for more squares, mass produced.

1 comment:

Summer Kinard said...

That is so awesome! You're one of the cool people with a sewing booth now. I still love my apron that I bought at Harvest Fest in college.