Tuesday, July 22, 2008

Baby Blankets

I recently made two baby blankets, but had to wait until the respective mothers (and fathers) received the blankets before I could put them on the blog:



This one is for my old college friends who did their nursery in these great bold red and blue. They are also very active in their church, so I thought the Icthus and Cross fabric suited them well. I made the top with a simple patchwork pattern of alternating colors and the back is a solid piece of the Icthus and Cross print. I put an additional piece of the cream fabric in the middle to give the blanket more weight and to make the red and blue show through to the back less.



This one is for a couple I know in Houston -- the mother is a pediatrician and the father works for NASA. Guess who picked the nursery theme? I was excited to make the space themed blanket since stores don't really carry much of that, but I was worried that the father would take exception to the planets not being in appropriate scale to each other.... I chose the black and dark blue to go with the space backgrounds and then used the the light blue and grey to look like the sky. The back, which I didn't get a picture of, is a solid piece of starry fabric.

2 comments:

Summer Kinard said...

I just now "found" your sewing blog, so your secret would have been safe. Pip still loves the blanket.

I didn't want to link off of my blog to your blog about your lil 'un, but I'll link to this one.

Rebecca said...

I'm glad you found the sewing blog and you are welcome to link to it. I'm so glad Pip loves his blanket -- it was a joy to make it for him.