Sunday, July 27, 2008

Bias Tape

Turns out that bias tape, in addition to being something you might buy at the store, is something you (meaning me) can make. I followed these super easy instructions:

http://www.savvyseams.com/techniques/biastape.php



I haven't actually gotten to use my new home made bias tape, yet, but it looks like the real deal (only more flowery), so I think it turned out well.

The drawback, of course, is that I just spent two hours figuring out this process, cutting fabric, sewing, ironing, watching Grey's Anatomy, etc. and then measured the bias tape: I made 3 yards. I only need six for the project I'm doing next.... So, not as fulfilling as some other things I've done, but first of all, the next 3 yards will go much, much faster, and secondly, once I finish the entire project, I predict a great sense of pride in making the whole thing myself.

There better be a great sense of pride.

1 comment:

Danielle said...

I never knew tape could be so one sided. Well I guess two sided tape is rarly used, so I take that back. I guess all tapes pick a side and stick to it.